Sunday, May 1, 2016

Whole30 - Day 6

Day 6 -  Travel Day

  Day 6 started at 5:30AM - with only 5 hours sleep behind me, I would normally be worried about a strong POTS episode or my IBS kicking in 20 minutes before I board the plane.   But not today, I felt great, was fully hydrated and ready to go. 

I was running late so I didn't eat breakfast until I got to the airport.  But instead of getting something at one of the restaurants I just ate some cashews and apricots I had in my bag.   The flight was great (passed on the peanuts and pretzels again) but by the time I pulled in my driveway 4 hours later, I was pretty hungry. 

Normally, when I get that hungry, I'm eating some potato chips and washing it down with a beer.   For protein, nothing beats some pepperoni cheese and crackers.   But not today.   Today, when I got home, my wife had made some hash.   She had found some chicken sausage at Whole Foods and put in some sweet potatoes, white potatoes, spinach, and onions.    



 I thought I had died and gone to heaven, very tasty.   We had read on some of the Whole30 blogs about people eating hash and they raved about it.  I can see why.   Great flavor and filled me up.   The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, and since I was home, pretty easy to stick to the plan. 

My wife noticed that I was feeling good, despite not getting a lot of sleep and traveling.  In the past, these trips sometimes result in 2-3 days of

No comments:

Post a Comment